Print on demand (POD) is the ability to print a design on a product on demand. This can be any type of product such as t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, posters, sweatshirts, or books. All types of media are possible and imaginable, just like the design printed on it.
The biggest advantage of the print on demand is that there is no stock to manage. The creation of the article is carried out once the customer has ordered on the site. So it looks like custom dropshipping, indeed, all products are unique as these are designs created by each shop printed on them.
The advantages and disadvantages of Print On Demand
Like all products and sales systems, there are advantages and disadvantages to Print on Demand.
The advantages of POD
- Speed of creation of new products: once the design is created, you only have to upload it on the POD application in order to sell your product.
- No inventory management: everything is managed by the provider. From the creation to the shipment of the product. You have nothing to do. You just need to manage the eventual service.
- Everything is automated for you: from ordering to the customer, upon receipt of payment until the delivery of the product. You have nothing to do.
- Relatively fast shipping: unlike dropshipping with AliExpress, delivery times are usually 7 to 10 days depending on suppliers.
- No investment and inventory purchase: you do not have to manage inventory. So you have almost no investment to make.
- Springboard for launching your brand of clothing: the POD allows you to launch your brand of clothing at a lower cost and see if the customer responds present and love your designs.
- Cheap solution to monetize an activity, whether it’s a blog, an influencer Instagram account or a Youtube channel.
The disadvantages of the POD
- Ability to customize products sometimes limited. Customization depends on the choice of provider. Some customizations are sometimes not possible.
- Competence in marketing and design are a plus. Having competence in this field is not an obligation, but you will be very helpful in developing and starting in this field of activity.
- Lower margin than dropshipping with AliExpress. The cost of production is generally higher, so your margins are smaller.
What kind of product can we have in Print on Demand?
The most popular product in Print on Demand is the custom t-shirt. But the Print on Demand does not stop at this product and it is possible to custom many other items:
- Tote bag
Everything is possible and imaginable. There is an infinity of products that depend on the chosen vendors and nothing prevents us from working with multiple POD vendors. The main thing is to achieve a seller and attractive design. Do not hesitate to look at the various articles on this subject and to subscribe to the newsletter.
Which supplyer to do POD?
It is now very easy to do Print on Demand with Shopify, WordPress or even without a website.
POD with Shopify
POD with WordPress
WordPress allows you to create an e-commerce site at a lower cost. He also has applications for the POD.
POD without website ?
Doing Print on Demand without a website is also possible. This can be the simplest solution for testing designs. Two suppliers share the largest market shares:
Print on Demand (POD) is for everyone, from novice autoentrepreneurs to experienced e-traders. With the ability to create products very quickly, you can stick to the news as quickly as possible and make products that buzent and sell quickly. You are not doing POD yet? Get started!